Stroller wrote:
> Hi,

..... farrrrr tooooo long.............

> Stroller.

In summary and simple conclusion, yes you are wrong. So that makes 2 out
of the 4 or 5 active Mobile herd devs who say you're wrong. brix is 100%
correct. Let me give you an explaination....

  "The firmware itself does not depend on wireless-tools for operation.
   DEPEND/RDEPEND/PDEPEND in ebuilds are not for what you might
   want to use along with the package in question - it is for technical
   dependencies such as libraries and utilities."

There ya go. Explained. In fact, you actually explained the logical
reason in your e-mail, surprised you didn't notice it. But I'll
highlight it for you.

acx100 and rt2500 contain drivers. prism54 is a driver. ipw2200 is a
driver. They depend on wireless-tools. The firmware, which in 2 of these
cases are in seperate packages, do not depend on wireless-tools. And for
a last example which I just thought of... ndiswrapper acts the sameway.
Considering the Windows drivers are more of a "firmware" and ndiswrapper
is the driver.

--
Doug Goldstein <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe/