On May 21, 2005, at 8:47 am, Roy Marples wrote:

On Sat, 2005-05-21 at 05:06 +0100, Stroller wrote:
- as I understand it: wireless-tools to actually configure the SSID,
WEP key

wpa_supplicant can do this as well which makes wireless-tools optional

Ah, expletive! Please excuse my last email, then, which went from my outbox just a few seconds ago.

What's the difference between wpa_supplicant & wireless-tools, then?
Could ipw2200 (theoretically, as a virtual, or at some point in the future) depend upon wpa_supplicant instead?

Stroller.