On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 08:14 +0300, Alin Nastac wrote:
> Chris Gianelloni wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2005-06-06 at 19:55 -0400, Aron Griffis wrote:
> >

> >>Also I find it amusing when people say that Gentoo exists for the
> >>users.  I think that is wrong.  Gentoo exists for the *developers*.
> >>

> >This is the reason why *I* use/develop Gentoo.  I love it.  I could care
> >less if every single user we have drops us for Ubuntu.  I would still
> >develop Gentoo so long as it is still fun.
> >

> You might reconsider this statement.

Absolutely not.

I feel no reason to restate something simply because someone wants to
tear it apart and make it literal.

My point still stands.  I work on Gentoo because I *love* it.

I, too, work on things I personally don't like/use, but the reason that
I do it is because I love doing Gentoo development as a whole, not
because some suit somewhere *told* me to do it.  Like I said, I do
Gentoo development because it scratches my personal itch.  The fact that
thousands of other people can benefit from my work is an added bonus,
but it is not my reason for doing it.  I truly enjoy that our users not
only benefit from my work, but many times help with my work through
their contributions.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead/QA Manager