maillog: 18/08/2005-16:28:40(+0200): Christian Parpart types

> Using the "minimal" useflag for this - IMHO - is a misuse of the idea of
> "minimal" semantically - as I do understand minimal in a way like "don't
> overbloat me with patches and other feature additions"-alike.

minimal - Install a very minimal build (disables, for example, plugins,
          fonts, most drivers, non-critical features)
vanilla - Do not add extra patches which change default behaviour

The way you understand "minimal" seems to be closer to what "vanilla" is
used for. By "feature additions" I assume that you mean "extra
functionality added by patches".

Note the subtle difference -- "minimal" disables default functionality
(provided upstream) while "vanilla" disables patched-in functionality.

Of course, there is the "server" use flag that mysql could use with
great success.

--
-*   Georgi Georgiev   -* "So, will the Andover party have a cash      -*
*-    [EMAIL PROTECTED]    *- bar?" "No, there's free beer." "Uh-oh,       *-