Anders Bruun Olsen wrote:
<snip>
It seems that alot of python projects are starting to use
setuptools/easy_install/eggs, and granted, it is quite neat, but there
needs to figured out a way to handle installing these things through
Portage, or alot of new versions are going to be a pain to have
installed.

How should Portage handle this?

I've been working on an eclass for these but its not ready.
I was hoping it'd be as easy as the Ruby gems eclass, because
they are similar, but eggs don't play nicely in a sandbox yet.

You're probably best off using the straight source for TurboGears
and its dependencies if you want to install via ebuild for now.

Mail me off-list or join #gentoo-python if you're interested
in working on the easy_install eclass, please.

--
Rob Cakebread
Gentoo Linux Developer