On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 20:05:45 -0500 "Nathan L. Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
| > On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:45:08 -0500 "Nathan L. Adams"
| > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
| > wrote:
| > | Just keep in mind that portage is supposed to be non-interactive
| > | and most users like it that way. (Although the countdown when
| > | cleaning out old packages kinda breaks that idea, but I digress.)
| >
| > You really should give the GLEP a read. It's quite nice, you know...
| >

| Your explanations hint at interacting with portage during an emerge.
| Specifically you floated the idea of having emerge print a red flashy
| message before doing the emerge. *That* is what I was commenting on.

Ever noticed any of the other red flashies that emerge gives? For
example, if you try emerge -C glibc? Doesn't break the non-interactive
requirement, it's just yet another way of shoving something in the
user's face if they somehow ignore all the normal warnings.

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Shell tools, Fluxbox, Cron)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm