Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
Don't forget the "... and make a reasonable commitment for a
substantial period of time". In other words, not ATs, who are ATs
because they lack the experience or commitment to be fully fledged
developers.

Far easier to withdraw the GLEP and just ask for anon cvs access for
people who need it...

<respectfully>

I wholeheartedly disagree. The fact that I am an AT with aspirations towards becoming a full dev does not in any way imply that all ATs fill the same mindset. I see the AT position as a wonderful opportunity to give something back to Gentoo without the added responsibility (or hassle) that comes along with being a full dev. I get the feeling from talking to several of the other ATs that some may not wish to become devs -- does that mean that their contribution (direct contribution) should not be recognized?

Scott.