On Tuesday 16 May 2006 23:47, Stephen Bennett wrote:
> On Tue, 16 May 2006 22:59:59 +0200
>
> "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Okay, then I suppose you might want first to create a project to
> > handle the profile and the whole bugs load that might come out of
> > that.
>
> Does every profile need a project to maintain it now? That's never been
> the case as far as I was aware. If people want a project though, I can
> create one.

Everything in the tree, including profiles, must be maintained by a
project. One project may maintain 50 profiles, but there must be an
identifyable GROUP of people responsible for anything in the tree,
including profiles. (This has been true for at least 3 years, and was one
of the main factors behind the herds thing). The group point is because
that makes unsupported stuff less likely in the case of someone leaving.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze
Gentoo Developer