On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 10:53:47PM +0200, Wernfried Haas wrote:
> On Wed, May 17, 2006 at 11:13:16PM +0200, Christian Birchinger wrote:
> > Then you remove the profile just like you would remove any piece
> > of software where the license is unacceptable.
>
> Please look a bit up in the thread, my point was not only the profile
> but integrating a package manager we have no control over.
>
> > The arguments are getting more and more "creative". It's almost
> > like asking what we will do when gcc turns into a commercial
> > product.
>
> The package manager is a central piece, if we ever want to change our
> package manager we really should think about problems like that.
>
> > Please try to stay realistic and don't invent strange new
> > theoretical problems.
>
> Better safe then sorry.

It's GPL-2, no? If the license changes before it's a full
replacment ... remove the profile. If it changes after it
became the standard ... fork it.

I think at the moment there's no plan to replace anything.
There was a simple request to add a profile to make it easier
for some people to develop something. We can talk about
replacing anything later, when there are more intrusive
requests like changing all ebuilds etc.

I honestly think people are just bringing up the wildest things
just to find another reason to say "no". It Looks a bit like
even good ideas and project have no chance when they come from
"the wrong people".

Christian