On Thursday 18 May 2006 20:42, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Thu, 18 May 2006 20:33:05 +0200 Paul de Vrieze <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> wrote:
> | > There is no such thing as a primary package manager and using such a
> | > term only serves to distract from what could otherwise be productive
> | > discussion.
> |
> | Why so. Portage is the one and only (thus primary) package manager
> | for the gentoo tree.  It is by itself responsible for the database of
> | installed packages. This responsibility can only be held by one
> | package manager at the time as multiple databases would create
> | conflicts and / or missing information. That means at a system there
> | is a primary package manager.
>
> Circular argument.

Let me repeat it in primary school language.

A supported statement is one which has the form:

<reason 1> <reason 2> ... <Statement> ... <reason n-1> <reason n>

In short a supported statement has reasons that aim to argue why the statement
is true.

You say that there is no such a thing as a primary package manager, but fail
to state any reason (here or in other mails) as to why this is true. Instead
of arguing why my support is false you just say that I am saying things that
are not true. This is an unbased accusation.

This last email is close to slander.

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze