On Thursday 08 June 2006 02:42, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
> Initially jokey and myself will be working on this. The current focus is to
> migrate ebuilds from bugzilla into the overlay and to get contributors to
> commit their changes to the overlay instead of updating the bugzilla every
> time.

Can't agree with that. Users should a) post their ebuilds at bugzilla, since
it is the place, we track request and b) get them from there, forced to
maintain their own overlay (and actually look at each ebuild), than trust
some arbitrary overlay, that is neither supported security wise, nor is
ensured that the ebuilds have a minimal quality (do not fubar a users
system).

Overlays make sense to perform changes how a whole range of packages are
handled, to be merged with the official Portage tree, later.

What you intend to do is just broken. Don't!

Carsten