On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 10:13:45AM -0400, Stephen P. Becker wrote:
> That and it would become an an official Gentoo BMG-style repo.  Please,
> let us not officially encourage the ricers.  Some of us work very hard
> to discourage this type of user behavior.

I wholeheartedly agree with Stephen on this.

You should have brought up the idea for the Sunricers project on this
mailing for discussion instead of just going ahead and implementing
it.

Personally, I dislike the idea of having officially supported (read:
hosted on *.gentoo.org infrastructure) overlays for unmaintained
ebuilds for which nobody did any real quality assurance. I fear this
will drag Gentoo back into the old-ages of having a reputation of a
ricer-distribution; a reputation I for one have worked very hard to
get rid of during the past 2 years.

Please put this project on hold until is has been discussed properly
on this mailing list.

Regards,
Brix
--
Henrik Brix Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo Metadistribution | Mobile computing herd