Hi Henrik,

On 6/8/06, Henrik Brix Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
While reading the policy above, I stumbled across this line:

"Bug Tracking: bugs.g.o is the OneTrueBugTrackingSystem(tm), even for
overlays."

Could you please elaborate on this?

Sure ... in the discussion we had on -dev earlier in the year about
the overlays service, it was agreed that we wouldn't maintain separate
bug tracking systems for each overlay.  All the bugs for each overlay
will go into bugs.gentoo.org.

This means that the following cycle can happen:

a) User A submits ebuild via bugzilla
b) Developer takes ebuild from bugzilla, and adds it to overlay for
testing & fixing
c) User B submits bug in bugzilla about the ebuild in the overlay

For example, we've been working that way in the webapps overlay for
some months now, and it's worked well for us (although we haven't been
using bugzilla until this week).

Hope that answers your question.

Best regards,
Stu