On Fri, Jun 09, 2006 at 02:04:57PM +0200, Stefan Schweizer wrote:

> "svn co http://overlays.gentoo.org/svn/proj/sunrise/category/application";
> "emerge application"

As long as it's made for pulling single ebuilds (and their
support files), i think it's really helpfull.

It's exactly the same as downloading single ebuilds from
Bugzilla just without the pain of using bugzilla for it.
While Bugzilla is fine for handling bugs, i think it's
annoying to use for maintaining and downloading ebuilds.

The "danger" of people breaking something is exactly the
same though. I don't see a difference between downloading
an ebuild with bugzilla and fetching them with svn.

What i would fear is a full overlay with eclasses and many
other things the user didn't cherry pick.

I would mostly like a method to easily add external ebuilds
to my own overlay.
When that source allows people to maintain their ebuilds in
a simple way, it's also better. Raising the annoyance bar
for handling ebuilds doesn't increase their quality.

Christian