On Wed, 14 Jun 2006 20:54:21 -0400 "Dan Meltzer"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
| According to the devmanual [1]
| "A herd is a collection of developers who maintain a collection of
| related packages"
|
| are you sure you are using the correct term?

Ah, yes, we're back to the old "what is a herd?" thing again. There're
at least three equally valid definitions you can trot out depending
upon which suits your argument. There's the original metastructure
description, which was suitable in the old days but no matches the
realities of how things are developed (especially the dumping packages
part, which used to be standard practice and is now considered
extremely rude), there's the "herds are people" definition that matches
how the word is most usually used (and which was argued for earlier by
some of the people who are now arguing for the old metastructure
definition) and there's the pragmatic definition in the devmanual.
Really, anyone arguing purely on definition is missing the point...

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail            : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk