On 7/7/06, Seemant Kulleen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I think the Council idea is great.  However, I think
the Council should be charged with a little bit of direction-setting and
leadership as well.
[...]
1. The council was (by design?) a reactive force, rather than a
pro-active force.
[...]
This project needs some leadership, as
the events of the past few months show fairly clearly.

Agreed. We could decide we do not elect the council members based on
their coding skills or any other type of technical skill. But instead
have the nominees do some campaigning before the elections, and make
direction-setting propositions for the coming year.

Another thing that bothers me is the possible overlapping between
council members, trustees and devrel. I wouldn't mind at all that any
dev could only be one of these at most at the same time. I know that
resigning from a position won't end the relationship between you and
your ex-fellow devs from the group you've just quit, but at least
functionally the link doesn't exist anymore. Plus, taking into account
that we have a life outside of gentoo, and that these functions are
the critical ones, having only one of these positions means a better
chance to be efficient.

Denis.