Pardon the spam, but correcting a misstatement on my part-

On Mon, Aug 07, 2006 at 09:41:39PM -0700, Brian Harring wrote:
> I know of selinux, and multilib- all that are effectively features,
> and exist in the use conditional namespace because they
> unfortunately straddle both (same issue with FEATURES=test).
>
> So... two flags I can think of, and it requires recording the setting
> in multiple spots (features, use, and now use.force).
>
> How is this improving it really?  It blocks people from disabling
> automatic pulling in of selinux policies, presumably trying to prevent
> them *accidentally* disabling it.
>
> If the target is those flags... this patch doesn't really cut it
> either.
>
> Said patch is actually atom -> flags forcing, not global forcing.

A chunk of the patch actually supports flat out global forcing, thus
this particular critique is invalid (the package.* stuff stands still
though).

Would blame me just misreading the diff, but I think the real culprit
is Adult Swim showing Pee Wee's playhouse for rotting the brain
instead ;)

~harring