On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 10:57:55 -0700 Zac Medico <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
| It does seem appealing to unify the package.use.mask and
| package.use.force functionality into a single file that acts like
| package.mask with use-deps support.  If we do it this way, devs won't
| be able to start using package.use.mask until a new implementation is
| ready.  AFAIK Paludis already has support for separate
| package.use.mask and package.use.force, so they'd have to change
| their implementation to be compatible with the new unified format.

No, we already allow [use] deps in package.mask. It's just that using
this in place of {package.,}use.{mask,force} is a really really bad
idea and will massively hurt non-x86 users. Getting "all masked" errors
for this kind of thing instead of having the package manager handle it
is a huge step backwards.

--
Ciaran McCreesh
Mail            : ciaran dot mccreesh at blueyonder.co.uk