Duncan wrote:
Wernfried Haas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> posted
[EMAIL PROTECTED], excerpted below, on  Sat, 26 Aug
2006 12:17:03 +0200:

Quit assuming I mean anything, you're batting zero for two right now.
What's the problem? I wasn't sure how you meant it, so i assumed you
meant it that way. As for batting zero for two, i never heard that
phrase before and have nfc what it means, but somehow that whole
statement doesn't seem very friendly to me.

It's an allusion to baseball.  I'm /not/ a sports fan, but I do live in
the US, where baseball among others is popular sport and this phrase has
entered the popular culture from there.

Duncan, these are the kinds of emails that *really* piss everyone off. A simple "it's a baseball thing, google it" would have sufficed. I know you must be really bored while locked up in your parent's basement with nothing to do but write dissertations on every possible random topic, but please, spare us.

-Steve