Hi,

On 9/2/06, Donnie Berkholz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
It might be worth putting together a list of folks interested in doing
this on the Gentoo website, under a Third-party Paid Support section. We
already have a Support link on the top of www.g.o, it could be on that page.

This is a good idea.

If you do it, it would be a very good idea to also post basic advice
for Gentoo developers who put their name down for this.  Folks'll need
to know about contracts, documenting their work, and insurance.
Per-country advice on independent contracting would also be helpful.

We'll also need to sort out a process for handling complaints against
developers from the folks they help.  Doesn't matter how well we make
it clear that these folks are "independent"; their actions will
reflect on Gentoo as a whole, and unhappy customers _will_ complain to
us sooner or later.  Rather than pretent it won't happen, better we're
pro-active and have something prepared.

Best regards,
Stu