On Wed, 2006-10-25 at 08:27 +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
> The current metastructure (as documented in GLEP 39) is a little
> unusual; it's a proposal that was voted in by all Gentoo developers.
>
> As such, as a point of principle, should the council be able to
> change/override/replace the rules in GLEP 39 w/out putting it to a
> vote of all Gentoo developers?

Well, let's make it simpler, then.  Does it say anywhere in GLEP 39 that
the elected Council cannot change it?  Does it limit the council's
powers in any way?

> (As a second principle, if GLEP 39 is amended, wouldn't it be better
> to publish a new GLEP to superceed it, rather than revise the existing
> GLEP?)

For something like this, I think that merely noting that it was changed
via an amendment from the Council should be sufficient.  I do agree that
changing it inline without such a note would be bad.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead