Hi Chris,

On 10/25/06, Chris Gianelloni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Also, I'd like to know what you would propose we do if we were to follow
something like this.  Would we post something like GLEP 39a, as an
amendment to GLEP 39, or would we have to rewrite the whole thing, with
just the one change, to supersede?

Perhaps we need an amendment to GLEP 1 to allow explictly-stated
amendments?

I think it'd be common sense to post -r1, -r2 etc, and extend the XML
syntax so that we could easily indicate which sentences had been
changed.  I think it'll make things easier  than a
read-GLEP-39-now-read-GLEPs-39a-to-39z type of approach.

We could also have a 'Revisions' section somewhere (if we don't have
one already) in the GLEP listing the date, a link to the Council
meeting logs approving the change, and a (very) brief summary of the
change.

I'm sure there are other ways we could do this that would also be practical.

Best regards,
Stu