On Tuesday 06 February 2007, Kevin F. Quinn wrote:
> You need to define what shell (or subset) you want to parse it.  'sh'
> itself varies from platform to platform.

our standard has always ("always" is relative here; let's say "current") been
the bash superset of POSIX ... if a request comes up where someone wants to
change code because it breaks in their shell but the code in question is
POSIX compliant, the answer is simple: blow me

if the request is reasonable like stop using some bashism in favor of the
POSIX form and the change isnt invasive, then sure we'll generally make the
change
-mike