Dan Meltzer wrote:
> Sounds good... one suggestion I have is to try and detect new ebuild
> submissions and resassign them to m-w automatically as well.  maybe a
> checkbox "this is a new ebuild" or some other way to automatically detect
> it?
Why not introduce a "Case 5" which is similar to:
1. None of the other Cases worked
2. There is a package atom in the summary line
(2a. Words like "ebuild" "new" occur somewhere)
3. Check wether the package matches a "class of packages"
4. If it doesnt match any classes, leave it to the wranglers.

package classes would be something like:
If the package is of the games-* category assign it to the games herd.
If the package matches */*python* assign it to $whoever

Unless the specifications for a package were not met correctly, or the
submitter did not include a atom in the summery as expected, the checkbox
shouldn't be needed, because the bug should be assigned by either one of
cases 1 to 4. If it isnt, case 5 (or whatever else automatic handling for
new-ebuilds) should be suiteable for trying to fix it anyway.

Comments?