On 19/07/07, Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Unfortunately, that is the state we're currently in with regards to our
> profiles and the tree.  I know I would *love* to see us start using IUSE
> defaults as soon as possible in the tree.

So just start using IUSE defaults! There's no problem with doing it at once
since it can be considered as a part of EAPI=0.

Uhh, no it can't. That's the point of EAPI. Ebuilds with different
EAPIs are incompatible, so if you start shoving '+'s in IUSE without
setting EAPI to 1, all the pm's should explode rather noisily. (Unless
you're talking about using package.use in profiles/, which iirc can be
used with EAPI 0 ebuilds).

--
-Charlie