Alright, well I appreciate all the thought and discussion that
exploded about this problem.  The pidgin team appreciates it.  Though
I'm sorry to say I'm not up to speed with all this Gentoo talk.  I
gather that when IUSE defaults come out, the ability to specify
default USE flags on a per package basis will be available in the
ebuild, but other than that I'm somewhat lost as to what was just
talked about.  Can someone break it down for a simple user/would like
to be maintainer someday, so that I can have a better cleaner answer
to bring back to the pidgin team.

Thanks again,
Eric

On 7/19/07, Ciaran McCreesh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 19:08:20 +0200
Arfrever Frehtes Taifersar Arahesis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> So just start using IUSE defaults! There's no problem with doing it
> at once since it can be considered as a part of EAPI=0.

No, IUSE defaults are EAPI 1.

--
Ciaran McCreesh

--
http://aluink.blogspot.com

--
"...indexable arrays, which may be thought of as functions whose
domains are isomorphic to contiguous subsets of the integers."