On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 16:51 -0500, Dale wrote:
> Now the new deal is meeting the same resistance just like the proctors
> and I suspect it will fail too.  Gentoo needs to listen to the people.

No.

Gentoo needs to make intelligent decisions, whether it comes from a
single individual or an army doesn't matter.  A good idea is a good
idea.

The main thing that we need to do is keep admitting when we're wrong.
If we're wrong, admit it and fix it.  It really is that simple.  Nobody
expects us to be perfect, but we should still strive for it.  At the
same time, I think sometimes taking action, even the wrong one, is
better than sitting around postulating endlessly.  I would much rather
see something done, found to be wrong, reverted, and replaced over time
than nothing be done at all because nobody can agree 100% on the "right"
way to do it.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead