On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 14:56 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:48:12 -0700
> Chris Gianelloni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Anyway, some things I think we could/should do are:
> > - GWN
> > - gentoo-announce
> > - gentoo-stats (or whatever we have now, if anything)
>
> Smolt, which is Fedora's new hardware-profiling program, is actively
> porting to other distributions. We could probably join in the fun there
> pretty easily, since it seems our own stats are on hiatus.
>
> Anyone interested?

I could have sworn genone was working on something stats-related.  We
should see where he's at before trying to pick up something new, but if
smolt (or anything else) is better, I say we go for it.  My point is
that I'd like to start doing some of these things, if not by 2007.1 then
by 2008.0, which will help make things simpler for our users and also
give us more feedback on our user base.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead