Le samedi 04 août 2007 à 09:08 +0300, Samuli Suominen a écrit :
> On Fri, 03 Aug 2007 14:28:26 -0700
> Chris Gianelloni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > > We disabled it to try to get the size of the x86/amd64 LiveCDs down.
> > Thanks.  I knew there had to be some reason for it, but couldn't
> > remember what it was off the top of my head.  Luckily, this won't be
> > much of an issue with the next release, since we're switching to Xfce
> > rather than GNOME to bring the size down even further and to try to
> > produce a more useful (as in more tools) LiveCD.  Of course, the
> > LiveDVD will have everything on it, as it does now.
>
> Glad to hear that. Then maybe we could add some stages to livecd?
> Replace evolution with something usable like claws-mail to do so.

why would you need a mailer at all on a livecd ? Is the livecd intended
to provide a full desktop experience whichever desktop is chosen or is
it just provided as a way to have something to do while you are
installing and/or tools to fix your install ?

if it's not intended to be a full desktop experience (garnome does it
very well for gnome afaik) then you could install only gnome-light for a
start.
--
Gilles Dartiguelongue <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Gentoo