Chris Gianelloni wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 18:53 -0700, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
Chris Gianelloni wrote:
On Thu, 2007-08-02 at 11:27 +0200, Martin Schwier wrote:
+ppds      (everyone has a printer, and this is needed to configure it
without further investigations. cups is already in)
+startup-notification
Well, we don't add local USE flags to the default profiles unless there
is a *very* good reason.  I really don't have a problem with any of
these being added, but I'd rather hear the opinions of my peers.
I am very strongly in support of ppds, as I consider it critical for us
to make printers easier to set up.

This one should be on, actually.  It was enabled for 2006.1 but somehow
got turned back off for 2007.0's release.

We disabled it to try to get the size of the x86/amd64 LiveCDs down.

--
Andrew Gaffney                                 http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
Gentoo Linux Developer             Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator