On Fri, 2007-08-03 at 14:28 -0700, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
> Thanks.  I knew there had to be some reason for it, but couldn't
> remember what it was off the top of my head.  Luckily, this won't be
> much of an issue with the next release, since we're switching to Xfce
> rather than GNOME to bring the size down even further and to try to
> produce a more useful (as in more tools) LiveCD.  Of course, the LiveDVD
> will have everything on it, as it does now.

Sad to know that our livecd will be xfce based. I think the current live
cd gnome based provides a much better environment than xfce and that is
good for the users who will preform and instalation.
Of course you don't need to build all gnome for the livecd and i bet
there will be enough space for another tools (a graphical package
manager!?).