On 18-12-2007 21:08:54 +0100, Piotr Jaroszyński wrote:

> > > I think you misunderstood grobian's mail,
> >
> > There was nothing that could be misunderstood. The sentence in
> >
> > question was:
> > | As a result I now have EAPI="prefix 1" ebuilds.
>
> Where he meant a combination of "prefix" and "1" EAPIs, which is prefix
> specific.

prefix is neither "mainstream", nor "standard".  The way I solved "it"
currently hence is just a temporal workaround.  I brought up the example
simply because I'm strugling myself with how EAPI will eventually allow
for "Prefix" to enter the main tree (or not), if ever.

Currently the combination in EAPI serves me pretty well, and hence yes,
if this GLEP gets accepted I'll have to find another way to achieve the
same as it's not going to work well in the extention.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level