On Jan 19, 2008 2:07 PM, Tiziano Müller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Current state: "Deferred"
> Wanted state: "Accepted/Implemented" (at least by me)

The GLEP should be updated. "Motivation" section does not seem to
justify the changes. IMO Meatoo [1]  (and its hipothetical rewrite
using Doapspace [2]) would be the right tool to detect version bumps.
Maybe metadata.xml should contain a  Freshmeat or DOAP entry so meatoo
could get more automation.

Anyway, I don't know how much would take the new version of meatoo.
Pythonhead, could you give us some news about it? Or it's just planned
for the long-term future?

[1] http://meatoo.gentooexperimental.org/
[2] http://blog.doapspace.org/

--