Santiago M. Mola wrote:
I think we have not enough feedback from users about this. Either
Bugzilla is not the right tool, or we don't encourage users enough to
ask for keywords when they need them. Currently, some people assume
that "if a user from $arch needed this package, he'd have requested
keywords", but that's wrong.

Good point and probably a good start to find a decent solution about getting the stuff needed by user keyworded but not overwork arch teams.

Probably having 2-4 lines about this in the next newsletter could foster awareness.

Having a smarter repoman and bugzilla integration to handle stabilization and keyword bugs automagically would be great but I think would require time (since such bugs could spare the dev some trips around bugzie)

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo Council Member