On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:18:07 +0200
Luca Barbato <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > Ok, if EAPI 2 turns on src_test except where explicitly overridden
> > by the ebuild, explain how EAPI 2 src_test failures are meaningless
> > in the same way that EAPI 0/1 src_test failures are.
>
> Test failures aren't meaningless right now. Applications with good
> test suites got them used by the people that cares already.

The point you've been missing this whole time:

If, as a user or an arch person, I get a src_test failure right now, I
don't know whether this means "eek! Something's gone wrong, and I
really need to fix this" or "oh, whoever maintains this package
doesn't care". But with EAPI 2, I'll be able to know that a src_test
failure really does mean "something's wrong".

--
Ciaran McCreesh