On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:14:44 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Has any tracking been done on the tree as it currently exists such
> that an estimate of the number of such bugs expected can be made?
> Surely, while thinking about making a commitment to the statement
> above, the number of bugs it's going to trigger is apropos.

The only tracking that's done currently, and the only tracking we can
really work out how to do, is "stuff that breaks with Paludis". And
that doesn't get everything, because quite a few of the flukes in how
Paludis behaves are similar to some of the flukes in how Portage
behaves.

Some things we can validate easily -- for example, we can check that
depend strings parse using a strictly PMS-enforcing parser. But for
weird quirks that make EAPI 0 so difficult to pin down, there's not
much that can be done.

--
Ciaran McCreesh