On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 11:04 PM, Ciaran McCreesh
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Aug 2008 09:50:51 -0700
> "Alec Warner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I'm a maintainer and I'll say right out that I won't fix things unless
>> they make sense to me; regardless of what some council says.
>
> Then I'd imagine devrel would have to step in.

I highly doubt that would happen unless they want to risk alienating a
group of active, useful developers over a disagreement over an ebuild
format. In this case, antarus being one of the admins of gentoo-soc in
a year where projects are coming along far better than the previous
years.

There's a reason why Donnie pushed for having all Council agendas
publicly discussed on the gentoo-dev ML before they are given a formal
"stamp of approval" so that the ones deciding what gets in are the
ones who are actually going to use it.

--
~Nirbheek Chauhan