David Leverton wrote:
> On Saturday 20 September 2008 18:15:27 Alexis Ballier wrote:
>> I can think of checks like:
>> - foo is a dep/rdep of bar
>> - foo has a "plugin like" architecture
>> - bar will "work" with minimal foo
>> - most people will expect some features in bar that come with foo's
>> plugins
>> - we might want to display warnings for the most useful features
>> - having useflags in bar for each of foo's useflags doesn't seem wise
>
> If you mean something like
>
>     built_with_use cat/foo coolfeature || ewarn "bar will be more useful if
> you rebuild cat/foo with USE=coolfeature"
>
> then you can use
>
>     has_version 'cat/foo[coolfeature]' || ...
>
> instead.

Which is much better because it's handled directly with the PM and not
eutils going looking in vdb by hand, right. In that case we should
really encourage this and make built_with_use die or at least emit a qa
warning? The only downside is that use deps don't support the --missing
stuff and we'll see how big problem this turns out to be in practice...

Caster