On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 22:33:11 +0100
Christian Faulhammer <fa...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Ciaran McCreesh <ciaran.mccre...@googlemail.com>:
> > Next, some probably easy but long standing features:
> >
> > * src_test run unless RESTRICTed or explicitly disabled by the user
> > (bug 184812)
>
>  A big no.  This will lead to many failures on user systems, people
> who run stable will be greatly annoyed.  I know this is inspired by
> good intentions, but will not have the desired effect.

People who run stable won't see test failures, because developers and
arch testers and ~arch users will all have run the tests already and
made sure there aren't any failures. And if there *are* failures that
make it past all three levels of checking before stable, they really
need to be investigated -- chances are they're showing a legitimate
problem.

--
Ciaran McCreesh