On 04-04-2009 20:41:34 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> The two aren't mutually contradictory. Quite the contrary.
>
> For EAPI 3, we're aiming to make it illegal to do anything with a flag
> unless it's either explicitly listed in IUSE or handled via a number of
> special magic profile variables, so you'd either have to list it
> everywhere or use one of the profile variables. Once you do that, how
> you mask / force it is up to you, unless you need some kind of special
> package manager handling for that flag.

Sounds to me it would be ok then to add it now in use.mask, and then
EAPI 3 is done, define it in whatever special variable it needs to be
added to according to the specs then.  IUSE_IMPLICIT -- assuming it can
be defined in the profiles -- seems like a good way to prepare for that,
since it makes explicit it is implicit, IMO.

--
Fabian Groffen
Gentoo on a different level