On Sat, 2009-06-06 at 23:31 +0100, Roy Bamford wrote:

> I've spent some time reading all of this years emails on GLEP55 and
> added a few lines to version 1.5 which is the last offical version.

Is there a specific reason not to include the "inherit eapi"[1][2]
thing?

IMHO this would fit best in "Abstract Solution (Part 1)" somehow like:

        -There are two potential solutions to this part of the problem,
        +There are three potential solutions to this part of the
        problem,

            * wait for old package managers to fall into disuse
            * 'blind' old package managers to ebuilds using later
        constructs
        +   * use "inherit" to have old package managers almost silently
        +     ignore unsupported ebuilds

[1]
http://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/msg_b2656aca1d124658b3df73d3d6804b7e.xml
[2]