Am Samstag, den 22.08.2009, 02:23 -0400 schrieb Andrew D Kirch:
> Tiziano Müller wrote:
> > As you can see currently, most time is needed to implemente the features
> > in portage. It therefore doesn't make sense to make the EAPI process
> > even faster. On the other hand, I think it would make sense to have a
> > separate group developing new EAPIs instead of the council.
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Tiziano
>
> I agree with what's being said here.  The previous council ran into a
> huge road block with EAPI and GLEP's.  I think that EAPI's should be
> moved to the Portage herd,
Portage just happens to be one of the package managers to implement the
specs afterwards. Since you agree with me about implementation taking
too long a pretty easy conclusion is that the portage team is already
understaffed so moving even more responsibility/work there makes the
whole process even slower. (Besides the fact of not including other
package manager devs in the process, but guessing from your earlier
comments you don't care about that.)

>  and GLEPs assigned as necessary until final
> approval or dissent is given by the council.
And you moaned about bureaucracy earlier today? Interesting.

--
Tiziano Müller
Gentoo Linux Developer