On Tuesday 12 January 2010 15:51:28 Tomáš Chvátal wrote:
> Your approach of adding new packages to main tree is that you add them
> with empty metadata.xml and we have to remove them in few years because
> they are steaming piles of bugs...

not that this is relevant at all to my point, but when i notice such bugs,
i'll fix them.  but if no one cc's me, then i dont generally notice.

> Lack of maintainer

incorrect

> open bugs are valid reasons.

the *type* of bug matters, not the existence of an open bug.  take any number
of the trivial QA bugs open related to an extra empty dir or split docs --
none are valid for punting an otherwise perfectly working package.

> And since WE want to enable as-needed as default at some time we need to
> work on the bugs

which isnt going to happen
-mike