On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:51:28 +0100
Tomáš Chvátal <scarab...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > you need to fix your filter then.  an "open bug" is not an
> > acceptable reason for masking a package.  if you're going to clean
> > a package, you need to research actual reasons to mask & punt.
> > -mike
> Dont be joking,
> Your approach of adding new packages to main tree is that you add them
> with empty metadata.xml and we have to remove them in few years
> because they are steaming piles of bugs...

Er, say whah? Flinging mud?

Mike's got a very valid point, in that you don't mask a package because
of an open bug. All the rest of what you added below is about
--as-needed, which doesn't apply to the bug in case and which is still
no valid reason to mask a package anyway. End of discussion, plz?

Yah,
     jer