On Wednesday 13 January 2010 23:02:17 Ben de Groot wrote:
> 2010/1/13 Mike Frysinger <vap...@gentoo.org>:
> >>
> >> Proxy-maintainership should be given a MUCH higher profile in Gentoo,
> >> in my opinion. It is a virtually unknown option.
> >
> > i think our current work flows also significantly impede the smooth
> > running of this.  if we had were using a dscm (git) on gentoo-x86, i feel
> > like it'd be a much smoother ride for Gentoo devs to pull from a proxy
> > maintainer and push on their behalf.
> > -mike
>
> I couldn't agree more!

My experience as developer this years implies that decisions about these
things take way too long to get implemented ( or even discussed ). So imho,
the best way to promote the proxy-maintainer thing, is individually using our
blogs or any other means.
--
Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
Gentoo Linux Developer