On Sun, 26 Sep 2010 16:59:22 +0200
Matti Bickel <m...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On 09/26/2010 03:22 PM, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > Isn't the amount of work to get per-package eclasses basically the
> > same as the amount of work to get per-(package and category)
> > eclasses?
>
> Actually, I don't know. Tell me. I've no clue how much PM
> implementation effort this will be, yet.

The difficult bits are:

* making sure you can do this without things going horribly wrong for
  older package managers

* making sure metadata cache validation is right

* checking everything that uses ECLASSDIR

So from that, the complexity is in "making eclasses not be in a single
place", not in the number of places eclasses can be.

--
Ciaran McCreesh