> Sorry but it really matters very little whether maintainer acks at all,
> *if the package fails to build*.
>
> We're not talking about a single problem with a single package.

Yes, you are completely right regarding the ebuilds.
I do not dispute at all that masking them is a correct way of action.

However we are talking about interaction of human beings here.

What I was trying to say: _If_ you have coordinated this with the maintainer,
it should be worth the effort to add two words to the email just to mention
this. It would even strengthen your argumentative position!

In general, we have had the discussion a few times here already whether
briefness/conciseness or politeness/additional information is more important. I
agree that this may be a cultural thing. But then, normally the consensus is to
rather err on the side of caution...

Cheers, Andreas

--
Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer - kde, sci, arm, tex