On Jun 9, 2011 9:27 AM, "Samuli Suominen" <ssuomi...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> Autocrazy in effect; disagree with the lead and get removed from the team.

So, without trying to comment on the particulars of this situation (of which
I'm blissfully unaware beyond being able to guess from recent list traffic),
do we need some kind of policy around membership on "special" project teams.
QA and Devrel are the most obvious examples, Infra might be another.

Options might include council appointment or council appoints lead who
appoints others. Direct election is another route, but I don't like the idea
of having 5 annual elections and recalls and all that. Better to elect the
top and let them reign in those beneath...

I'm not saying that anybody is doing a bad job now, but if people have
gripes better to have a proper route of escalation than just bickering
on-list. If they get to the top and aren't happy then they can just stew or
run for election next term...

Rich