On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Dirkjan Ochtman <d...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> So I know a bunch of people have already looked at it, and I'd like to
> know: what do you find better about the Ruby approach compared to the
> Python approach? Is it just the size of python.eclass, or are there a
> number of other issues?

the way python applications are built currently renders all binary
packages useless, since portage does not know which version of python
it was built against. the explicit selection with RUBY_TARGETS or
PHP_TARGETS solves this problem at the small cost of commiting new
values to these variables from time to time.