On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 08:02:44PM +0000, Robin H. Johnson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:49:38AM -0500, William Hubbs wrote:
> > I am concerned about /var being included in this because of the
> > potential of filling up the root partition.
> Err, I don't follow. How does mounting /var fill up the root partition?

Sorry, I should have been more clear here. Mounting /var doesn't fill up
the root partition, but if you don't want to use the initramfs, this
means that /var must also exist on the root partition, which can create
more of a concern for filling the root partition than putting /usr on
the root partition creates.

William